Tuesday 1 July 2014

Preloved Books


It's no secret that I love books and reading. I have a whole wardrobe full of unread books and a kindle of books which I am also still yet to read. I guess you could say my reading obsession is just as bad as my beauty obsession! Whilst at a local village summer fayre this weekend they had a huge book sale where you could buy any of the books for 50p each or three books for £1! So after a good old rummage, and Tyler becoming increasingly impatient I finally stumbled on these six books and took them home with me to be loved further.

Firstly, I found the Lauren Conrad L.A series. I've been wanting to read these for ages but still couldn't justify around £6 a book for some trashy chick-lit, so £1 for all 3 was a bargain! Secondly, I found two Maeve Binchy books together, that I am yet to read. Maeve Binchy is my all-time favourite author and my aim is to one day have read all of her books, and so far I've read a fair few! Finally, a new Jodi Picoult book for me to endeavour. I enjoy Jodi Picoult, although after watching the film My Sisters Keeper, I don't think I could stomach that book, it's way too sad. However, I do like her books with a slight chilling twist to them and Songs of the Humpback Whale sounds just like my cup of tea! So again, another three books for £1!

I think I'm definitely going to start incorporating a lot more book type posts into my blog, so keep your eyes peeled for book reviews, favourite authors and a look into all the books on my shelf!

7 comments:

  1. Right, you've made me want to rush down to my nearest charity shop now and pick up some books ASAP! I've downloaded all the free 'classics' onto my ipad for reading this Summer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been charity shop hunting in along time and I want to go too! Although, perhaps I should get reading some of the many that are taking up wardrobe space first!

      Corr you're braver than I am reading the classics! I don't think I have ever read one! xo

      Delete
  2. I can't believe what brilliant prices you got these books for and they look in really good condition :) I love reading too so look forward to reading some more book related posts - I really want to read those Lauren Conrad ones! the book of my sisters keeper is so so so much better than the film and it's pretty different (especially the ending) I would 100% recommend reading it it's the best book I've ever read :) Have you read The Pact by her? that is pretty up there for me too :)
    Love Holly x

    www.pamperpreenperfect.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither could I Holly! I'll let you know what I think of them! :)

      I might stick it out then and give it a try! I've not read The Pact? I'll add it to my to read list! :) xo

      Delete
  3. I've wanted to read the LA Candy series, too! I'd love to know what you think! I'm currently reading The Goldfinch and The Hot Zone so I think my next book needs to be something light and breezy! :D Love a great book bargain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So have I!! I'll be sure to let you know Kristen! :) I get like that too with University reading!! xo

      Delete
  4. Love Conrad's books! Kiss

    http://chocolateglass.blogspot.it/2015/09/fallwinter-wishlist.html#more

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs